Fully supported, 3-day, leisurely, off-road bike tour on the beautiful Brisbane Valley Rail Trail from Yarraman to Ipswich.
From 7.30 until 16.00
At Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
166 Lockyer View rd
$975 per person
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Users Assoc. Inc. / 0417342854
Ride the full length of the historic Brisbane Valley Rail Trail (BVRT), winding your way through picturesque countryside — from Yarraman to Ipswich.
The old railway line that was used by the pioneers to haul timber into Brisbane is now the longest rail trail in the southern hemisphere. This 161 km, 3-day adventure will take you through iconic country towns, forests, beautiful farmland, and down into the upper reaches of the Brisbane River. You will encounter bell birds, whip birds and may even see a koala or kangaroo.
While you’re enjoying this all-inclusive experience, we take care of everything else.
This event is hosted by the most experienced tour and events operator on the BVRT, the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail User Association. The BVRTUA is a not-for-profit organisation that is committed to preserving the rail trail for the benefit of all users including cyclists, equestrians, and hikers. The BVRTUA also works closely with the local community to further develop and enhance the rail trail.
At just $975 per person all-inclusive this cycling adventure is great value.
What is included in the 3-day experience:
- Cycling the full length of the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail at your own pace with experienced guides.
- 2 nights’ accommodation at one convenient location at the Brisbane Valley Rail trail Motel (extra nights available on request).
- All meals including lunch at the historic Linville Hotel, a gourmet lunch provided by Brisbane Valley Farm Direct prepared by celebrity chef Jason Peppler, breakfasts and dinners at renown Nash Café, Esk.
- All transport by specialised coach provided by Out There Cycling for you and your bike to the start/end points for each day.
- All support staff are first aid trained with bike mechanical skills.
What you need to bring:
- Your own bike comfortable for you to ride in an off road situation for up to 6 hours in a day (Mountain Bike, E-Bike or Hybrid recommended). We strongly recommend a good quality, well maintained bike. If in doubt, please let us know and we can advise about the suitability of your bike. If you don’t have your own bike, suitable bikes can be hired from Out There Cycling.
- Bike helmet and suitable clothing for three days of riding. We recommend padded bike shorts and different layers of clothing and the temperature can change quite a bit.
- Reasonable cycling fitness to be able to travel at approximately 15km/hr on gravel surfaces for up to 60km in a day.
- Coming down the range from Blackbutt provides excellent shade in the forest, but other areas of the rail trail are quite exposed. Good sun protection in these parts is necessary.
What adventure awaits:
- The BVRT is a mixture of gravel, smooth and rough surfaces. The terrain is generally less than 3% gradient however, there are some small parts that are much steeper. These small parts can easily be walked up if required.
- Some of the creeks are traversed by the old railway bridges, and others require you to ride down and up (you may get wet feet at the bottom). Most of these have a modern concrete path to ride on when crossing.
- The tour will leave each day from your accommodation in Esk. All you need to do is get yourself there.
If you would like to hire a bike or E-bike, please contact Out There Cycling 0466 306 371. To ensure we can look after everybody on the tour, please seek medical approval from your medical practitioner if there are any concerns you have that could stop you from completing the tour.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Users Association reserves the right to postpone this tour in the event of adverse weather conditions or any other such factors that could affect the safety of participants. If we postpone this tour due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. bushfires, flooding), we can offer transfer to another tour or a full refund.
If you need to cancel, we have a $100 cancellation fee if you cancel within 5 working days of the tour.
You have the option to pay 50% deposit now and 50% two weeks prior to the event.
Group size will range between 12 and 24.