Mt Hallen Station History

Cooragook Station

27/11/2023 Comments (0) BVRT Small Stations History Project

Fairney View Station

(18.4 km from Wulkuraka)

Named after the view of ferns in the local area.

The primary purpose of the station was to transport timber, cream and milk.


  • 1883 – Tenders for goods shed.
  • 1886 –  Shelter shed and office erected.
  • 1887 – Timber stages provided
  • 1888 – loading bank provided.
  • 1935 – Gate, siding, 10cwt scales, side loading Bank, shelter, goods shed.
  • 1939 – Closes as gate on from Mon 22/5/39, will work isolated siding.
  • 1940 – a Cream shed has been provided Fairneyview
  • 1941 – Goods shed has been removed.
  • 1949 – the siding has been removed.
  • 1963: Railway phone installed.
  • 1977: Fairney view shelter shed and cream shed removed.

Other Interesting glimpses of history

H.H. Herman and other residents of Glamorgan Vale (and Pine Mt) and Fairneyview had asked for closets for women esp. at Fairney View. It was decided 10.4.08 to erect closet and urinal (men’s) at cost £9, completed 17 June 1908.

Somerset MLA (30.6.09  )wrote to QGR  that waiting shed had no floor, either bog or dust. It was used for cream  cans, fruit cases, potatoes and lady getting ticket tore her dress.

Credit notes to Mark Linnett ( Rail Trails Australia)  Mike Quirk and John Kerr ,

Photos credit :   Pending.

Leave a Reply