(37.7 km from Wulkuraka)
Named after the adjacent lake.
Clarendon station as briefly known as Tarampa when it opened in 1886, but the name was changed to Clarendon, after nearby Lake Clarendon, on 1St December 1886.
It had a shelter shed and short loop siding that is used to hold wagons placed there to remove loco ashes after cleaning the steam loco fire box.
Clarendon Station was the first watering place on the line with a 22,000 gallon tank. The water supply was drawn from Lockyer Creek.
The reliability of the supply was not entirely satisfactory and in 1958 the Esk Shire Council was asked to cost supplying water to Lowood Station.
The matter did not proceed and again in 1963 the Council was asked to quote on supplying water for locomotives at Lowood, based on minimum of 3 million gallons annually but again nothing eventuated.
The primary purpose of the station was to transport general mixed freight, small crops, and timber.
1887 Stopping place
1888 Loading bank provided.
1893 Station building erected,
1916 gate and siding provided.
1932 Station mistress withdrawn on 22/2/1932, then worked as isolated siding. Ganger to arrange for lighting and extinguishing the kerosine signals at Clarendon.
1950 Railway phone installed.
1956 Siding at Clarendon was removed.
1968 Clarendon railway station hut demolished.
1970 The water tank and Up and Down signals to protect trains stopped at the tank were removed.
Notes : Mark Linnett , John Kerr and Mike Quirk
Photos Credit : Stan Moore, Eric Marggrat