Fairney View Station

Borallon Station History

27/11/2023 Comments (0) BVRT Small Stations History Project

Cooragook Station

(52.8 km from Wulkuraka)
The name is derived from an aboriginal language meaning stop or pause.

The station is in an isolated location. The primary purpose of the station was to provide a siding where two trans could pass each other.

  • 1939,40 – Commissioners Minute 27.11.39 approved a staff station.
  • Station opened on 29th May 1940 with a station mistress in residence.
  • 1950 – Gate, crossing loop, railway phone, shelter, no siding.
  • 1963 – The station mistress was withdrawn on 16th September 1963 and it then became a totally unattended station.
  • 1967 – Up and Down Yarraman rail motors were timetabled to meet here and change crew prior to the services being withdrawn in January 1967.
  • 1968 – The distant signals were replaced with reflectorized beacons in 1968.
  • 1975 – It was closed as a crossing loop in 1975.

Credit notes to Mark Linnett ( Rail Trails Australia) Mike Quirk and John Kerr ,

Photos credit : Pending.

Leave a Reply