Transport arrangements can sometimes be a bit of a challenge on the BVRT, but there are now some good options.
1. There is a great shuttle bus serving the BVRT, operated by Out There Cycling.
2) Fernvale Transport and Shuttles (Facebook) offer a useful transport service for individuals or small groups in the south of the region for up to 8 people in their Kia Carnival, but have no facility for carrying bicycles. However, they could be used to give a ride back to your parked vehicle. Mob 0447 606 916.
3. For walkers and small groups of up to six cyclists, there is a ‘work around’ solution in the form of coach service from Caboolture to Yarraman operated by Pursers Coaches based in Murgon.
The coach departs from Caboolture Station every weekday, not including Public holidays and not including weekends. They can carry up to six bicycles in the luggage bay underneath…view timetable.
The coach departs from Caboolture Station at 4.30 pm.
There are two trains from Brisbane that arrive at about that time – one arriving at 4.10 pm and the other at about 4.20 pm
4. There is also a Translink service (529) from Ipswich Station to Toogoolawah on weekdays – need to check with Translink if bicycles are permitted in the hold.
5. For large events, coaches can be hired from Coast and Country Buses.
6. There is also a weekly shopper’s bus that runs from Linville to Ipswich in the morning on Thursdays, stopping at towns along the way, and returning in the late afternoon.