Cycle the whole Brisbane Valley Rail Trail (162 km) with our experienced guides.
Esk, Queensland, 4312
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Users Association Inc. / email@example.com
Fully supported 3-day, mostly off-road bike tour on the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail from Yarraman to Wulkuraka Station in Ipswich.
Includes transport for people and bikes, accommodation, breakfast and dinner.
Queensland’s Greatest Rail Trail follows the disused Brisbane Valley rail line that commenced construction at Wulkuraka near Ipswich in 1884 and was completed at Yarraman in 1913. The Brisbane Valley Rail Trail winds its way up the Brisbane valley, traversing farmland, forests, picturesque rural settings and country towns. Being on the old railway line, the BVRT provides easy gradients for cyclists.
Day 1: Yarraman to Moore – mostly downhill (49 km)
Day 2: Moore to Esk via the by-pass route for the closed section (49 km)
Day 3: Esk to Wulkuraka Station: (67 km)
- 2-Nights accommodation in one convenient location at Esk Caravan Park in comfortable, shared cabins.
- Buffet Breakfast on Sunday and Monday morning at Nash Café in Esk
- Dinner on Saturday and Sunday evening at the Grand Hotel in Esk
- All transport for people and bikes provided by coach and trailer.
- Very experienced BVRT guides, including a qualified first aider.
Self-drive to Esk or coach pickup at Ipswich Train Station available ($20)
Bike hire NOT included. Lunch not included.
Participants must be reasonably fit and capable of cycling up to 65 km off road at a leisurely pace.
The BVRT is suitable for mountain bikes and hybrids.
$450 per person introductory price. Cancallation fee $50
Full refund if event is cancelled due to bad weather or any other reason.
Minimum 15 persons. Maximum 21 persons.